Wednesday, May 15 sees the release of Ultimate X-Men #3 by Peach Momoko. The issue promises to delve into the origins of Maystorm — the brand-new mutant character Momoko originally created as a hypothetical sidekick for Storm as part of Marvel‘s New Champions variant cover program. In fact, Ultimate X-Men #3 will actually tie into to Bryan Edward Hill and Stefano Caselli‘s Ultimate Black Panther, in which Storm is a featured player.
Speaking of, Hill and Caselli’s Ultimate Black Panther #4 arrives on Wednesday, May 22. With T’Challa/Black Panther missing and presumed dead, the issue sees the king’s younger sister, Shuri, take the throne of Wakanda for herself. The synopsis hints that Shuri will be far more ruthless in Wakanda’s war against Moon Knight than her brother was.
Finally, Ultimate Spider-Man #5 hits comic shops on Wednesday, May 29. The issue — which explores the “secret history” of Harry Osborn — teams series writer Jonathan Hickman with artist David Messina. Regular series artist Marco Checchetto will return for Ultimate Spider-Man #6, and still provides the cover art for issue #5.
ULTIMATE X-MEN #3
- Written by PEACH MOMOKO
- Art and Cover by PEACH MOMOKO
- On Sale 5/15
- And discover the mysterious Maystorm’s origin in Peach Momoko’s ULTIMATE X-MEN #3. Mei Igarashi was a regular girl until she discovered her unusual abilities and her hair changed from brown to white… Now, learn how and why she came to idolize a mysterious freedom fighter in Africa who also harnesses the power of the storm!
ULTIMATE BLACK PANTHER #4
- Written by BRYAN HILL
- Art and Cover by STEFANO CASELLI
- On Sale 5/22
- In Bryan Hill and Stefano Caselli’s ULTIMATE BLACK PANTHER #4, Shuri seizes the throne! With T’Challa missing and presumed dead, Wakanda needs a new leader. Shuri wants war against Ra and Khonshu more than T’Challa ever did, but at what cost? Meanwhile, Black Panther must learn from his new allies, the freedom fighters Killmonger and Storm!
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #5
- Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN
- Art by DAVID MESSINA
- Cover by MARCO CHECCHETTO
- On Sale 5/29
- In ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #5, Jonathan Hickman digs into the secret history of Harry Osborn! How does the heir apparent of Oscorp become a masked vigilante? And what does Green Goblin know of the true status of the world he lives in? In ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #4-5, Hickman will be joined by acclaimed artist David Messina (STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC), with regular series artist Marco Checchetto returning in June’s ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #6.
Marvel’s new Ultimate Universe has arrived
Marvel’s new Ultimate Universe — Earth-6160 — was born in the 2023 limited series Ultimate Invasion by Hickman and Bryan Hitch. Hickman subsequently teamed with Caselli for the late-2023 one-shot Ultimate Universe #1. Around that same time, Marvel announced three new ongoing series for the revamped Ultimate line.
Ultimate Spider-Man, the first of these series, launched early last month. Ultimate Black Panther followed suit earlier this week. Ultimate X-Men kicks off early next month. Marvel will announce additional ongoing series at a later time. Additionally, the publisher will spotlight Earth-6160 in a Free Comic Book Day one-shot releasing on Saturday, May 4.
View original article here Source