Kevin Feige’s Star Wars Movie Gets Grim Update

Kevin Feige has definitively said that his Star Wars movie isn’t happening.

Speaking with Entertainment Tonight at the Las Vegas premiere of The Marvels, Feige was asked if there was anything happening with the Star Wars movie he was previously reported to be developing. “No,” he simply answered.

What happened with Kevin Feige’s Star Wars movie?

In September 2019, The Hollywood Reporter said that Feige was going to be developing a Star Wars movie for Lucasfilm. Former Walter Disney Studios co-chairman and chief creative officer Alan Horn confirmed the news at the time, saying, “We are excited about the projects [Kathleen Kennedy] and the Lucasfilm team are working on, not only in terms of Star Wars but also Indiana Jones and reaching into other parts of the company including Children of Blood and Bone with Emma Watts and Fox. With the close of the Skywalker Saga, Kathy is pursuing a new era in Star Wars storytelling, and knowing what a die-hard fan Kevin is, it made sense for these two extraordinary producers to work on a Star Wars film together.”

In May 2022, the film still seemed to be in the works, as screenwriter Michael Waldron said he was hard at work on the project. “I’m writing away,” he told Variety. “It’s a lot of fun. I’m enjoying having the freedom on that to do something that’s not necessarily a sequel or anything.”

In April 2023, Variety reported that Feige’s Star Wars movie was no longer in active development at Lucasfilm. News about the project has largely been dead since then, with Waldron having since been hired by Feige to write the screenplay for 2027’s Avengers: Secret Wars. Waldron also created Marvel’s Loki television series and wrote 2022’s Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

The Marvels, meanwhile, hits United States theaters on November 10, 2023.

View original article here Source